This release primarily provides improved Neo Geo Pocket/Neo Geo Pocket Color and Sega 32X emulation.
The entire Neo Geo Pocket/Color library is now thought to be playable, with minor graphical issues in four titles.
A small number of SEGA 32X games are now playable, although most still experience graphical and/or audio issues.
This is the first release without Near’s involvement. I (Luke Usher) will be running the ares project going forward, as an open-source, community project on GitHub, contributions welcome!
- ColecoVision: Clear top bit of controller port reads; fixes Defender [invertego]
- Neo Geo Pocket: Allow BIOS to handle the boot process [invertego]
- Neo Geo Pocket: Copy SNK logo from BIOS during fast boot; fixes Metal Slug: 2nd Mission [invertego]
- Neo Geo Pocket: Fix address used to test ram initialization [invertego]
- Neo Geo Pocket: Initialize Neo Geo Pocket port 1 to zero; fixes Dynamite Slugger [invertego]
- Neo Geo Pocket: Many improvements to ‘fast boot’ [invertego]
- Neo Geo Pocket: Re-enable savint ram to disk on unload [invertego]
- Sega 32X: Implement FM/Framebuffer access bit; fixes Spiderman [Luke Usher]
- Sega 32X: Implement RV bit [Luke Usher]
- Sega 32X: Optimise SH7604 recompiler min-cycles for 32X; fixes Knuckles Choatix & Virtua Fighter [remutro]
- Sega 32X: PWM DREQ and timer are different things; fixes PWM audio in many games [Luke Usher]
- Sega 32X: Used cached interpreter instead of recompiler [Luke Usher]
- TMS9918: Fix sprite size emulation; fixes many graphical issues in ColecoVision/MSX/SG-1000 [invertego]
- TMS9918: fix interrupt behavior [invertego]
- hiro: Fix browser dialog filters on macOS [Luke Usher]
- hiro: Force GTK3 to use X11 backend; fixes a crash under Wayland [thrimbor]
- lucia: Disable fast boot by default [Luke Usher]
- lucia: Support digital presses from analog inputs [invertego]
- mia: Add workaround for underdumped Delta Warp rom [Luke Usher]
- mia: Improve Nintendo 64 save chip database; fixes saving in some titles [sp1187]
- nall: Enable LTO by default on non-debug builds [Luke Usher]
- nall: Speed up recompiler codegen [Luke Usher]
- sh2: Allow cores to determine an ideal minimum recompiler block size [Luke Usher]
- sh2: Optimised code-gen for the interpreter [Luke Usher]
- sh2: Recompiler should invalidate single blocks, not entire pools [Luke Usher]
- tlc2900h: Fix immediate mask in BIT #,r; fixes Pocket Tennis [invertego]
- z80: Correct the effect of IE on the next instruction; fixes audio drop-out in Neo Geo Pocket games [invertego]